day complete with a library visit, baking cookies, and talking about all the things on my pre-schooler's mind.
But, then...after a long long night of getting up with baby, who has taken to screaming unconsolably in his sleep 2-3 times an hour, I had no energy to pop out of bed to run in the cold, wet, dark. An hour after I DID get up, when the preschooler was STILL lying in bed insisting that he was going to stay naked all day, I encouraged dear hubby to give up on the bakery date and go to work before any further drama unfolded.
Not to be deterred, I finally got both boys dressed and out the door, if not happily so. Big boy tripped on the curb and fell as we were walking into the bakery, and announced our arrival with his loud wails. After ordering and making 4 trips back-and-forth to the table, carrying pastries, coffee, a high chair AND a baby, we settled in. Until big boy's boots suddenly flew off his feet and across the store. I retrieved them, then proceeded to drop the jar of baby food I brought into my full mug of hot coffee! Now, cleaning hot coffee off my pants, the table, and the floor, and trying to fish out the baby food, I didn't monitor big boy's every move for a few minutes. Looks like he decided to roll his flaky cherry hand pie between his hands. Then, to avoid the scolding for his mess, he vigorously swept the crumbs off the table in a wide arc onto the floor.
At this point, pants wet, shirt covered in crumbs, sitting in the center of an array of coffee puddle and pastry crumble, nobody fed, and mom already exhausted, I decided the boys need consistency in their routine and took them to daycare.
9am and I am already throwing in the towel. SAHMs, I don't know how you do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment