Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful

Trying, as ever, to be present in my moment, my family, my life. Working to rid my mind, time, and energies of anything that does not bring me closer to meeting my goals and being the woman I strive to be. Cutting out the unnecessary parts can be painful. I am trying to believe that in the end I will be glad to be rid of all these emotional appendices and gall bladders.

Today while I ran I tried to meditate on the things I have to be thankful for. There are really a lot. Like being born in a technologic age with vaccines and running water and safe food.

But, more specifically, I am thankful to have healthy, perfect children. I am reminded daily how lucky that is.
And I am thankful for my ever-patient husband.
And I am thankful to be young and healthy enough to run. So many of my mini-crises have been resolved on a run. It is my thinking-meditating-nature-exploring-alone time. I do not know what I would do without running right now. Parenthood, marriage, and job training leaving me feeling confined and inadequate almost every day. Running makes me feel free, self-reliant, and strong, like a younger me.

No comments:

Post a Comment