When I started thinking of the projects I wanted to plan on for the year, my mind spun out of control with ideas. Things I have been wanting to do but haven't had time, haven't had kids the right age, haven't had money for.... I tried to pare things down a bit to corellate more with my work/family/physical ability/financial realities.
So, here it is. Some stuff I want to do.
- The First Run 5k Jan 1
- The Shamrock Run 15k Mar 14
- Race for the Roses half marathon Apr 11
- Helvetia half marathon Jun 12
- The Sauvie Island half marathon on July 4th
- Hood to Coast relay Aug 27-28
- Nike Women's Marathon Oct 17
- Columbia Gorge Marathon Oct 24
- Qualify as a Marathon Maniac
- Make ornaments with the kids like here or here
- Knit myself a sweater, like this one or this one
- Make 3 quilts (for which I already bought fabric)
- Knit my kids hats (they keep asking)
- Can enough jam for winter - so easy, cheap, and the kids' favorite!
- Can salsa - much more than I did this summer; it was a hit
- Make tomato sauce for the winter
- Can applesauce for the winter - this was the best thing I did last summer, 80 pounds worth!
- Go to Hawaii for my niece's wedding.
- Go to Boston to see friends before they move from there this summer
- Go to Utah to see friends
- Go to Texas to see family
- Submit a paper to a conference
- Get a second job
- Bake every recipe in Rustic Fruit Desserts
- Bake every recipe in Grand Central Baking Book
- Go camping with my kids
There are other things I want to do, but they are less project and more lifestyle. Bike commute 3 days a week, cook for the week on a weekend day, read 30 min to an hour a day for my job, study for my physics boards.... As with everything in life, we get what we get, and we go where the road takes us. I am curious to see what this year's projects includes, and how closely it matches my list today.
No comments:
Post a Comment