Saturday, April 23, 2011

iLove iPhone

This phone is my life. It tells me where to go, when to be there, how to contact people, orders meals, logs my runs, plays my music, video conferences with my kids when I work late, holds my books, helps me study, plays movies, entertains my kids, surfs the web, updates my blogs, holds my to do lists, and even makes phone calls!

That's why I was SO VERY SAD when the screen cracked last weekend. Cracked into dozens of pieces. Made the display look like stained glass art. It was devastating. I'm not being melodramatic. I felt lost. I tried taping it together and using this week. It worked just fine. But I couldn't see fine details very well. Reading and looking at xrays was ridiculous. Mostly it just made me feel sad every time I looked at it.

So, I grabbed my credit cards and went to the Apple store today to replace it. To my surprise, they took my phone at the door, met me in 5 minutes with a free BRAND NEW replacement, and sent me on my way in less than 10 minutes!! I couldn't believe it. I actually cried a few tears of joy. I almost bought a new iPad out of joy and gratitude. Almost.

I am so pleased with the customer service and generous easy replacement! My 6 year old went with me, and quickly caught on to what was happening. "So, if you didn't need to buy a new iPhone for yourself, that means you have enough money to buy me one!" Uh, no.

But at least this aspect of my life is back to being fully functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment