Wednesday, September 14, 2011

worst. mom. ever.

I gave in to the pressures of first grade and signed my kid up for a soccer class. He's been looking forward to it for WEEKS, but I of course didn't take him to buy the required gear until the night before his class started. And buying the gear was embarassment enough - at least a REAL soccer mom was in the aisle at Target to stop me from buying "Volleyball knee pads" that I thought were "Soccer shin guards." What? They are similar! She also informed me he needs soccer shorts and socks, too. Who knew?
 
Well, the poor kid, dressed in his soccer shorts and socks all day because he was too excited to let them wait in his backpack, showed up for soccer class - with his pre-arranged after-school "escort" - only to discover there IS no Wednesday soccer. And he's not signed up for soccer at all. Because I accidentally signed him up AT THE WRONG PLACE. Sportsplex, soccerplex, metroplex, they all sound alike.
 
I am seriously questioning my ability to function in society right now. If details like WHERE my kid is going after school are too difficult for me to keep track of, how can I be allowed to drive a car? Ugh, that reminds me, I forgot to go by the hospital parking office to renew my parking permit. I probably have a ticket, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment