Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mommy's little helpers

Chocolate wine?! I self-righteously sneered at the grocery store display as I herded my attention-span-challenged, sticky-fingered, elderly-tripping children through in a mad dash for shampoo & Annie's Mac & cheese. Why are the two things I need always separated by 89 aisles with candies and toys on the ends?!

After two incidences of kid-wanders-off-screams-in-panic, no less than FOUR thwarted attempts at shop-lifting, three arguments, 42 no's, and 12 candy-returned-to-shelf exercises, I started looking forward to bedtime. Thinking of the hour and a half of drama that is bed time, I started feeling tired. Too tired for my post-bedtime relaxation routine of drinking wine while eating chocolate chips out of the bag and disappearing in a novel. Seriously. Feeding myself wine AND chocolate tonight, after this day, seems insurmountingly difficult. But I can't bear to cut out either part of my routine...

I herded my summer-monkeys back across that place and got myself a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment