Sunday, July 29, 2012

Just Enjoy the Show

After a longer run today, as I was transitioning from painful/exhausted to peaceful/focused (this is 100% why I run. I don't know if it's a 'runner's high' or an under-marketed ADHD treatment, but it keeps me coming back for more!), this Lenka song came on Pandora & it spoke to me, or for me, or something. It seems to be about being present and accepting of the present and enjoying it - even when you feel lost, disconnected, out of sync, and completely unprepared. This is how I feel almost every day. Running to exhaustion is actually one of the few things I have found to help me feel found, connected to the universe, and accepting of the Now.

So, anyway, I liked a song. I'll probably listen to it again. Here's the lyrics:

The sun is hot in the sky just like a giant spotlight
The people follow the signs and synchronize in time
It's a joke nobody knows, they've got a ticket to the show

Yeah, I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
I don't know where to go, can't do it alone
I've tried and I don't know why

I'm just a little girl lost in the moment
I'm so scared but I don't show it
I can't figure it out, it's bringing me down
I know I've got to let it go and just enjoy the show

No comments:

Post a Comment